home

articles

news

links

book

search

new item

new item

Brockliss Bridge Site 

The original Brockliss bridge built in 1855 below Pacific House.


The Blair Lumber Company bridge at the site of the Brockliss Bridge.
This bridge, of remarkable underslung cable truss construction, was removed a few years ago.

Other than at Sciot's, Kyburz, and Riverton, most of the 1844 Frémont expedition route along the South Fork of the American above Coloma was well back from the river itself. The photo below, taken near Pacific, shows that there is, as Frémont commented, no bottom land upon which to travel.

return to roads


©1999, 2007
Bob Graham